Sunday, April 6, 2008

Spring Break 2008 - revisited


New-to-Meg door swing. She didn't know what to make of it at first but once she realized she was in control, she loved it!


My friend Kim and I made the most of our week sans husbands in Boston. We retraced Paul Revere's footsteps on the Freedom Trail, ate gelatto, and wandered around Boston Commons. Our little girls came along for the ride in their matching baby carriers. In the photo above, Kim and I are on the wharf with our backs to the Boston Harbor. The spot was a very popular place for people to watch planes take off and land at Logan.


The famous lantern at the Old North Church - "One if by land, two if by sea."


While Andy was away he grew himself a 'stache in order to participate in his Section's mustache championship. The funny thing is that Andy and I were not terribly fond of it but as shown by Meg's genuine smile in the photo she didn't seem to mind one bit. I can only imagine/hope that she is smiling because she is delighted to see her Daddy after a week's absence, in spite of the mustahce, not because of it! (Follow up note: almost all of the men in Andy's Section participated in the "Championship" and let me tell you, there are some champion mustache growers in Section C! But once the laughing stopped I think most would agree that getting rid of the mustache was a treat in itself.)

No comments: